Ready In: 20 min. | Serves: 6
1 rotisserie chicken (cut in half)
4 strips bacon (chopped)
1 bunch of baby carrots (10)
½ red onion (coarsely chopped)
1 lb baby portabella mushrooms
2 cups pinot noir
4 sprigs fresh thyme
2 stems Italian parsley
2 teaspoons of garlic (minced)
1 bay leaf
1. Sauté bacon in skillet over medium heat until fat is rendered.
2. In a separate pot boil water on high then add carrots for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, drain water and set carrots aside.
3. Remove cooked bacon pieces from drippings. Add into the pan onions and garlic and sauté for about 3-4 minutes on medium-high heat. Then add mushrooms, thyme sprigs and bay leaf and cook down for 2-3 minutes.
4. Pour in 2 cups of wine and use whisk to deglaze the bottom of the pan. Continue to heat so that wine comes to a boil.
5. Add bacon pieces into pan.
6. Whisk in chicken broth. Next add in carrots and rotisserie chicken halves, skin side down. Continue to boil for about 10 minutes. Lower heat to medium and continue to baste chicken for another 20 minutes until wine is thickened and chicken is ready to serve.